The TV Book Club returns to More4 on Sunday 29th January, and heralds another success for S J Watson’s Before I Go To Sleep, which is the first book to be featured.
The show’s panel includes Meera Syal, Dave Spikey and Laila Rouass, and the titles were chosen by a panel headed by the show’s producer Amanda Ross.
Ross said, “All the titles on this year’s list will scream ‘don’t put me down’ at the reader. Although all my choices are, as always very different in style and content, their common factor is that they are all really great reads and the viewers will be torn when the time comes for them to vote for their favourite to win the accolade Best Read at the end of the series.”
This year, The TV Book Club is asking viewers to send in their reviews of each week’s Best Read, and will play a selection of these reviews on the show for discussion by the presenters. If you’ve read any of the books, we’d love you to post a review on our blog too.
The 10 shortlisted books, with show dates are:
- Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson (29 January)
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt (5 February)
- The Somnambulist by Essie Fox (12 February)
- Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes (19 February)
- Rules Of Civility by Amor Towles (26 February)
- Girl Reading by Katie Ward (4 March)
- The Report byJessica Francis Kane (11 March)
- The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson (18 March)
- Half Of The Human Race by Anthony Quinn (25 March)
- You Deserve Nothing by Alexander Maksik (1 April)